I think I’m making progress on some of my goals for this year. I really wanted to try harder to make friends and also strengthen the relationships that are important to me. So far…
* I brunched with my best friend from high school, who I hadn’t seen in years, and his wife. It was very enjoyable and made me feel nostalgic in a good way. They invited me to come visit them in Delaware and I might take them up on it.
* I made up with a friend with whom I had a falling out a few years ago. He and I had been very close and then we got into a fight shortly after I started dating Nick, and we stopped talking. We talked it out via Facebook. We made plans to hang out but they fell through. But at least the air is cleared and I feel like there is potential to become friends again.
* I asked a girl to meet me for coffee. I’ve been meaning to try to befriend her for a couple of years and never do anything about it! She seemed excited but our work schedules are opposite so it hasn’t happened. Maybe soon.
* I had a movie date with a fellow introvert/Dr. Who fanatic! (Looking at you, etababy-james!)
* I forced myself to talk to a girl at work instead of reading my book at lunch. Now she’s my work wife, we watch hockey together and it’s the best thing ever.
* I asked a guy to hang out with me, who I hadn’t seen since high school- I found out he was working in the area and thought maybe we could catch up. I thought it would be super awkward but we ended up talking for 5 hours and now we hang out all the time. It’s AWESOME.
*I’ve made plans to visit my two best friends, who both live too far away. Super stoked.
I’ve also asked probably 3 people to do things with me who either said no or pretended to be interested but I could tell they didn’t want to hang out with me and they were trying to be nice. But I think that’s pretty good?
It’s kind of exhausting. I feel like I’m throwing myself at people. But the results have mostly been good, so… I guess I’ll keep it up?